Python backend developer (FastAPI, Graphql, SQLAlchemy)
We’re looking for a motivated python backend developer to join our tech team and help build new features and a great company culture. You will be a central part of our growing development team, responsible for implementing new features which enable our customers to manage their supply chain data more efficiently. Ideally, you have experience throughout the whole software development life cycle and you are passionate about our mission to bring transparency into the food and fashion industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build new backend features
- Improve the current test coverage (we write integration tests for everything)
- Peer-review pull requests
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team working on different layers of the applications and infrastructure
- Implement and improve engineering best practices
- Plan, estimate, and prioritize work within a Scrum environment
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of professional software development experience using Python
- Comfortable working with relational databases and data modeling, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with GraphQL
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and can get things done with minimal direction
- Located roughly within the European time zone
- Experience with Graphene, FastApi, PyTest and/or SQLAlchemy (as an ORM) is a plus
We’re a remote tech team that values constant growth and communication. Since we are very young there are many greenfield projects to come where we can experiment with new and exciting technologies. At the same time we always strive to improve our current applications and minimise tech debt.
Our Workflow and Tech-Stack:
- All changes are performed in form of merge requests in GIT
- Merge requests are checked in mandatory code reviews
- We use continuous integration to run tests during the development cycle
- React, Gatsby, Python Fastapi, SQL, Docker, GCP, AWS and Terraform for IaC
- Emphasis on your learning & development
- Remote working
- Remote get-togethers
- Regular team offsites
We believe in equal opportunities!
We want to build a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to change the way we produce and consume for the better. We believe in equal opportunities as well as unique sets of experiences. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and are excited to learn about your unique story and motivation!
We are a small, passionate and driven team aiming at turning consumer product transparency into the norm, rather than the exception. seedtrace is a digital platform to manage, prove and communicate social and environmental impact at scale by driving technological innovations and collaboration along the supply chain.
The company: At seedtrace, we’re a team of humble, life-long learners who are eager to collaborate to make this company a success. Our values of ownership, collaboration and humility are at the core of what we’re doing. We believe in what we’re doing and we are building a collaborative, supportive and welcoming environment around that dream.
The product: seedtrace is a transparency platform – we make it easy for our customers to become more transparent and honest about how their products were made. We’re super proud of what we have built so far and we have big dreams of what this product could become.
How we work: We are a remote company with flat hierarchies – therefore, good spirits and collaboration come natural to us. We are using the best collaboration tools available to us but we also place high value on human contact – having regular check ins with the whole company and daily meetings within our respective teams.
Gib bei deiner Bewerbung gerne an, dass du von der GetRemote Jobbörse kommst. So werden noch mehr remote Unternehmen ihre offenen Stellen hier teilen.