Director of Engineering
About the job
anwalt.de is one of Germany’s leading platforms for legal advice. We make legal advice easily accessible for prospective clients by connecting them with the right lawyer. Our legal tech platform is the first point of contact for legal questions. A profile on anwalt.de is an essential part of our lawyers‘ and law firms‘ online marketing. We combine the hands-on mentality of a start-up with the profitability and security of an established company. As a remote-first company, anwalt.de employs 100 people around the world, who get to choose between working from home or at our Nuremberg and Berlin offices.
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A
Director of Engineering
Location: Remote, Nuremberg or Berlin
ABOUT THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT
As Director of Engineering, you will lead and coach an international team of 30 engineers, work closely together with our Head of Product Sebastian Berger and report directly to Markus Maki, our CEO.
We are a product centered organization, with one third of our colleagues working in tech and are organized in three cross-functional teams. We are on the brink of elevating our platform to new heights. Embracing an agile and purpose-driven approach, we’re crafting exciting innovations. To fulfill this role, you are responsible for the following:
- You develop a sustainable IT strategy and technology roadmap and drive it together with your team
- You lead, mentor and coach a team of 3–5 People Leads
- You develop a work environment for highly motivated, satisfied employees who are constantly developing themselves and actively helping others to grow in the process.
- You lead the development teams, QA, DevOps & Infrastructure and are the driving force when we are searching for new talents for our team.
- You design and support our change towards an agile IT organization including leadership, culture and process related topics
- Together we develop a further education concept for your teams
USP’s of the role:
- You can perform the role remotely Germany-wide
- Significant involvement in the company’s strategy to incorporate the opportunities, risks and possibilities from a technical perspective
- Deep technical knowledge in the areas of software development, system administration and cloud technologies
- You have experience in the technical transformation of a monolith into modular services
- You are familiar with being a manager of managers
- Agile mind-set
- You have a high level of social competence and excellent communication skills
- You have the ability to engage others and inspire them to join our journey
- You are conversationally fluent in German and English
WHAT´S IN FOR YOU?
- Profitability and security of an established company
- Flexible remote working options (or in combination with an attractive workplace in the heart of Nuremberg or Berlin)
- Flexible working hours in a permanent employment relationship and a healthy work-life balance
- Family-friendly and agile environment as well as regular community events and activities
- 30 days paid vacation + 24.12./31.12. work-free
- subsidy for daily lunch (2,50 € per day), public transport (Deutschlandticket, 24,50 € per month) and Urban Sports Club or FitX membership (up to 40,00 € per month)
- company discounts (corporate benefits and FutureBens)
- Relocation support (if necessary)
- Language courses (English or German) and advanced training offering
- Feedback culture
- Fresh fruits and drinks in the office and dogs allowed
- REST API
- Bootstrap 5
- Foundation Email Framework
INTERESTED IN MORE?
Become part of the digital transformation of legal services and apply now!
If you like the idea of working with us, but don’t want to change at the moment, feel free to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date or sign up for our talent pool for future openings.
We are excited to get to know you!
As a remote first company, all of our interviews take place via video call.