Experienced Software Engineer (Backend) (Remote in Europe)
At Abusix, we are remote working pioneers and thought leaders fighting network abuse and other cyber threats on a global scale. We build an ecosystem that enables everybody on the internet to transform security-related data into actionable information, transport it to the right place, and help mitigate it as fast as possible. Together with our amazing customers, some of the biggest Internet Service Providers, Datacenter Operators, and Enterprises, we do make the internet a safer place.
OUR VISION is to build a global platform for all internet stakeholders where data can be shared and made actionable to contribute to a safer online environment.
OUR MISSION is to fight network abuse on a global scale.
About The Role
Our engineering team is looking for an Experienced Software Engineer (Backend) (m/f/d) with a high degree of self-initiative, excellent communication skills and a huge eagerness of taking on responsibility. You join our Data Services team that is processing all data required to run our self developed software solutions in a remote team environment. In this position you are responsible for maintenance and enhancement of our existing systems, architecture planning and testing. By taking on responsibility and contributing your own ideas, you will bring our products to the next level.
What You Will Do
- Extend systems to provide data required by different teams and products in the Abusix universe.
- Adapt code to solve the latest customer requirements and make our products even more powerful for them.
- Discuss incoming requirements from external and internal customers and upcoming issues within the team to find the best solutions, collaborate in the planning of the next sprint(s) and make it more reliable and realistic.
- Write correct, elegant, flexible and performant code to keep your own bug fixing efforts low.
- Test and review your own and code of coworkers to minimize maintenance and increase code quality.
- Validate your own code via unit and end-to-end testing to improve the overall test coverage by following e.g. TDD methods.
- Write documentation to make your work easily accessible to others.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement of the development process in the team.
- Act as a mentor to new team members, working students and interns.
- Your main values match ours: ownership, collaboration, innovation, respect and authenticity.
- Eager to take on responsibility, intrinsic motivation and reliability.
- Very good communication skills to ensure the seamless flow of information within the remote team.
- Sound knowledge of distributed stream processing, parallel/asynchronous programming, Git Version Control.
- Deep knowledge of software engineering principles and agile development processes.
- Solid experience with automated software testing and TDD.
- High level of experience working with databases (SQL, NoSQL, Cache).
- Familiar with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Apache Kafka.
- Basic knowledge about mail delivery (e.g., RFC822) is a plus.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
What we offer
- Work with the latest technology, in the cloud and with the latest frameworks.
- Share defined projects open source.
- An extremely steep learning curve.
- Impact, responsibility and participation in a very interesting field.
- Competitive pay according to your country and meaningful equity.
- Home office equipment or coworking space membership contribution.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fast-paced high-tech B2B company.
- Conference and travel budget.
- Fun team events.
- Additional benefits depending on your place of living.
We believe in building and cultivating a remote culture of ownership, collaboration, innovation, respect and authenticity in a fun, diverse, and aspirational team of people with the same passion and drive. Come and help us to make a difference.
Our main values
Ownership – be a Co-CEO of Abusix and proactively drive results.
Collaboration – we are stronger together as a team as well as with our customers and partners.
Innovation – challenge the status quo, be brave and embrace failure in a safe environment.
Respect – guides our daily interactions with each other, our customers and also the environment.
Authenticity – be true to your own personality and values and take responsibility for your actions.
Abusix is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates, students from all over the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way towards our ideal of empowerment, transparency and kindness.
Gib bei deiner Bewerbung gerne an, dass du von der GetRemote Jobbörse kommst. So werden noch mehr remote Unternehmen ihre offenen Stellen hier teilen.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.lever.co.